Servings: 1-10 (1 cus I could devour this whole bowl by myself)
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 can organic garbanzo beans AKA chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp garlic powder (you can use fresh garlic cloves but I try to stay away from them in this because I don't want people getting a big chunk of garlic in one bite accidentally!)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (you may add a little more depending on if you like your hummus creamier)
- 3-4 roasted red peppers & some of the liquid in the jar
- 1/2 wheel of queso fresco
- Salt & pepper
- Cilantro for garnish
- Reserve a few garbanzo beans for garnish
- ***You can use tahini sauce also but I prefer my hummus without it.***
- 6 whole wheat pita rounds
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Seasonings up to you, I used crushed red pepper, garlic, onion powder and paprika.
- In your food processor add your rinsed beans, oil, peppers, garlic. salt and pepper.
- Mix until your desired consistency is reached. I like mine a bit thick and chunky!
- Place hummus in your serving dish, top with crumbled queso fresco, garbanzo beans, cilantro and a drizzle of olive oil. I like a little fresh cracked pepper on top too.
- For the pita chips set the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut each pita round into eighths.
- In a small bowl add the olive oil and seasonings and brush each pita wedge with the mixture. Place on a cookie sheet and in the oven for about 15 minutes until your pitas are browned and crispy.