Oh I am sooo getting into the Christmas spirit. As we speak, I am drinking a skinny cinnamon dolce latte from Starbucks and I have the Candy Cane Christmas channel on Pandora. The Christmas tree has been up at our house since Thanksgiving weekend [not sure how I've kept it alive this long to be honest], the house is being prepped for holiday guests, and the temperature has dropped here in Florida, where the endless summer is a blessing a curse! A curse to me because I love the cold, I love snow and I love Christmas! Last night I wanted to make a simple cookie that was fairly HEALTHY! The next few weeks are going to be filled with non-healthy foods and I want to be in a "light Christmas eating mode" right now. These were perfect to satisfy that sweet craving!
Makes about 24-36 cookies depending how you scoop 'em!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Ingredients for Cookies:
- 2 big cookie sheets
- 1 small carton fresh blueberries
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Florida Crystals Organic Sugar (or any sugar)
- 1.5 cups plain Chobani greek yogurt (I used 3 individual cartons)
- 1 beaten large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder (NOT BAKING SODA)
Ingredients for Frost:
- 1 8oz package of 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh sq. lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper, or silicone baking mats or grease them and set aside.
- You will need two big bowls [one for wet ingredients, one for dry]. Start with the wet ones.
- In one bowl add sugar and yogurt, mix, then add vanilla and egg.
- In the next bowl add flour, salt and baking powder and mix well.
- Mix in the dry ingredients into the wet ones and then fold in blueberries!
- Take two spoons, scoop one spoonful of mixture and gently use the other spoon to place the cookie dough on the baking sheet. Leave about 2 inches of space between the cookies.
- I left each batch in the oven for about 12 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. They will look light in color, don't worry, this is how its supposed to look!
- Let cookies cool, place them on a cooling rack if you have it :)
- For the frosty frost, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Little by little add the confectioners sugar and alternate adding the lemon juice. Keep mixing and mixing until all the ingredients are blended and smooth and creamy! You can either drizzle this on the cooled cookies or simply ice them like I have in the picture.
More cookies to come!