My recipe was evolving and I liked it... When I tasted this cookie it was soft like a shortbread cookie and I LOVE shortbread so that was A-OK with me. You can taste the creaminess of the condensed milk blended with the ooey gooey ghirardelli chocolate chips and the raspberry preserves gave it a bit of a tart dimension.
I played around with the timing of this cookie in the oven. I for one like soft cookies, but my Valentine likes a bit of a crunch. So for me, 16 minutes was perfect, but for him I left some cookies in for 17-18 minutes and it gave it a little extra crunch on the outside.
Servings 18-20 cookies
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 can condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2.5 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- 4 heaping tbsp raspberry preserves
- Set your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, condensed milk and vanilla, until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- At this point you just need to add the preserves. Grab a spoon and sort of cut into the dough with the preserves. You don't want to mix in the preserves, you just want to barely swirl it in. Like so....
- With a tablespoon or a cookie scoop, scoop balls of the dough and shape it round on the cookie sheet. You don't have to place them too far from each other as they won't rise or spread very much.
- Place the cookies in the oven for 15-17 minutes... 15 if you like a softer cookie, 17 if you want a little crunch. They will not rise or change colors very much so don't worry!
- Leave them on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer them to a cooling rack for about 15 minutes. Enjoy with a tall glass of milk!
Let me know what you think and happy Valentine's Day to you lovers and dreamers :)