Time: 20 minutes
- 1 package red cherry tomatoes
- 1 package yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 16oz ball of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 big bunch of fresh basil leaves
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (NOT balsamic vinaigrette)
- Wash tomatoes and place them in a casserole dish. You can slice the tomatoes in half as well if you would like, I just did not want the salad to become too watery with the tomato juices.
- Cut the mozzarella into small cubes about the size of your tomatoes. Add to dish.
- Julienne cut your basil leaves. Julienne means to pull off all the leaves and then roll them up together into a tight little package and then thinly slice from one end to the other. This will make pretty ribbons of basil! Add to dish.
- Add your vinegar and oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste!
- TIP: You can make the salad ahead of time but don't add the vinegar until you are ready to serve because it will begin to cook your fresh ingredients and it won't look pretty!