Servings: 24ish (I made my cookies pretty big!)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- About 10-15 mini candy canes
- 8 oz ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate (2 big bars) broken up into squares
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package Nestle chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone cookie mats
- Get a microwavable tupperware and put in it the 8oz of ghirardelli chocolate bars broken up into squares and the butter. Microwave for 1 minute and then stir together. If the chocolate hasn't completely melted, put it back in for about 20 seconds or so. It should look like this.
- You will need two mixing bowls. One for dry ingredients one for wet ingredients. In your dry bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the wet bowl mix together the eggs, sugar and vanilla until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Add the melted chocolate to the wet bowl and stir together.
- Now add the dry mix to the wet mix and combine all.
- Add the chocolate chunks.
- Using a tablespoon, place cookie dough on sheets about 2 inches apart. They don't have to look perfect, I like the rustic look :)
- Place the sheets in the oven and set your time for about 11-13 minutes. After about 6 minutes, reverse the pans in the oven so everything gets evenly baked.
- While you wait, place the candy canes in a ziplock bag and crush them with a hammer.
- When the cookies are done and still hot, sprinkle candy cane and press it into the cookies slightly. They will stick pretty well as the cookie is still hot. I also sprinkled them with clear sprinkles!
- Allow them to cool on the sheets for about 10 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack and then serve and eaaaaat :) Have a glass of milk ready though, these bad boys are rich and soooo chocolatey!