Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Servings: 2 loaves (about 12 slices each loaf)
- 2- large bread loaf pans
- 1- 15oz can unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups Florida Crystals sugar
- 3.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 cups semi-sweet ghirardelli chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts
- Grease your pans with butter. Set oven to 350 degrees.
- You will need to mix your dry ingredients separately from your wet ingredients as usual, so grab two bowls!
- In the wet bowl add softened butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs, and pumpkin.
- In the dry bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking soda, pumpkin spice and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Sprinkle some chips and nuts on top of the bread.
- Sprinkle a little bit of extra sugar on top as well!
- Bake in 2 loaf pans for about 65-70 minutes. You can tell that the bread is done if you stick a wooden toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean!
Enjoy this bread with a coffee or a cold glass of milk, but most definitely warm it up a bit before digging in... it is so perfect when the chocolate gets gooey. This is a strong competition to my banana bread!