Time: 30 mins
- 1/2 lb wild shrimp (not farmed)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1.5 cups baby portobello mushrooms, roughly chopped
- Butter (I eyeballed it and used about 3 tbsp but if you want a richer sauce, add more)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup white wine
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 medium tomatoe
- Fresh parsley chopped
- 3 tbsp diced kalamata olives
- 3 tbsp julienned sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Jasmine rice to serve on.... cook this as per directions on package. This is the rice I used.....
- Prepare Jasmine rice, set aside.
- Set a frying pan on medium-high heat with 1 tbsp butter. I use the Brummel and Brown yogurt butter, healthier and just as good :)
- Add onions, saute for about 2 minutes
- Add garlic and pepper and crushed red pepper, toss to coat with butter and saute for about 7 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Be careful not to burn the garlic or the flavor will be very bitter!
- Add mushrooms, toss, saute for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper!
- Add 2 more tbsp of butter, sugar, the wine and cream. Simmer for about 7 minutes.
- Add tomato, sun dried tomato, olives and parsley. Stir.
- Add shrimp and lemon juice. Allow for the shrimp to cook, they will turn a pink color. Shrimp don't take very long to cook and you don't want to overcook them or they become tough, so this part will only take a few minutes.
- When the shrimp look about done, toss in the feta cheese.
- This is what you will see right before you are ready to plate! Make sure to taste the sauce to see if its well seasoned, if not, add some more salt and pepper.