This is the naughty version.... I melted some almond butter with honey on top, drizzled it with more honey, sugar sprinkles and a slice of banana. Seriously, can I have more almond butter... I can't get enough of this stuff!
Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 12 large muffins
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (if you have bananas but they are NOT super ripe how we want them, you can simply put them on a cookie sheet and in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (allow for them to cool for about an hour). This will turn them black on the outside but make them perfectly sweet inside and ready for any banana recipe you want! The heat brings out the natural sugars in the nanner...)
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt (this is about 1 small container)
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raw honey (or any honey but I'm trying to keep it healthy and raw honey is the way to go!)
- 1/2 cup almond butter, this is the brand I used, which is all natural, not too many crazy ingredients and its not oily! Make sure you get a creamy style and make sure its not oily!
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.75 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet ghirardelli chocolate chips
- Extra almond butter to melt on top when serving.
- Extra honey to drizzle on top
- Extra banana slices to decorate
- Clear sugar sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line your muffin tin with cute liners or spray with buttery spray.
- You will need 2 bowls, one for wet ingredients, one for dry.
- In the first bowl, take your bananas and mash them up really well! Add sugar, honey, yogurt, egg, milk and vanilla. Combine.
- Add almond butter and whisk up until the almond butter melts into the mixture and it becomes creamy and thick.
- In the second bowl mix together, cinnamon, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet bowl and add in the chocolate chips and walnuts, MIX! Do not over mix though. Just enough to incorporate everything together.
- Spoon the batter into your muffin cups. You can pretty much fill each cup all the way. You will think you have leftover batter but I used all the batter for this. Don't be scared just fill em up!
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 and then turn down the temp to 350 and continue to bake for 11 minutes. Test out the muffins by sticking a toothpick in the middle of one. If it comes out clean, they're ready!
The muffins are delish by themselves but if you wanna take it to the next level, follow these easy steps!
- Place about 1/2 tbsp of almond butter in a mug (this is per muffin) as well as 1 tsp of honey, mix and microwave for about 20 seconds. Mix again and make sure it is melted down enough to pour over your muffin. Then you may sprinkle with sugar sprinkles, drizzle even more honey and top with a banana slice for the final touch!
xoxo, Tiny Taster