Servings: 12 muffins
Time: 35 mins
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (I used Red Mill brand)
- 1 cup oat flour (simply grind up some quick oats in your magic bullet or food processor. Make sure the finished product is 1 cup, so you may need to use 1,5 cups before ground.)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (one individual sized container)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tbsp raw honey (make sure its raw! the other stuff is basically just like eating sugar)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp almond extract (you can absolutely use vanilla, I was just trying something new and it was yummy!)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 scoops Lean 1 vanilla protein powder, or any other powder you have
- 1 package fresh raspberries
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line your muffin tin with muffin cups and lightly spray them with butter spray
- You will need 2 bowls, one for dry and one for wet ingredients, per usual ;)
- In one bowl add your coconut and oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, protein powder and lemon zest. Mix well.
- In the second bowl add greek yogurt, egg whites, honey, applesauce, almond extract and banana. Mix well.
- Combine both mixes until smooth, DO NOT OVER MIX! Just until everything is combined. Over mixing leads to tough muffins.
- Fill your muffin cups evenly.
- Place some raspberries on top of the doughy cups and lightly push them in, not too much.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. I have found that not all ovens are created equal. So you may want to try 22 minutes at first, then check the muffins with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, they're done!
- At the end I sprinkled a little organic Florida Crystals sugar on top just for looks, just a tiny sprinkle! ;)
*Store in fridge!*