Total Time: 6 hours
- 1 whole chicken, preferably without hormones, antibiotics and preservatives. Ask your butcher!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp McCormick Sicilian Seasoning
- Slow Cooker
- Aluminum foil
- Take a small bowl and add all the seasonings with the olive oil and mix.
- Take the chicken out of the package, rinse the chicken well and place on a plate. Take some paper towels and dry off the chicken well on every side.
- Rub the spice mix all over the chicken, massaging it into the skin.
- Let the chicken sit for a minute while you wash your hands and grab some foil. Roll 4 pieces of foil into balls and place them at the bottom of the slow cooker. This is so the chicken doesn't stick and fall apart at the bottom.
- Set the slow cooker to low heat.
- Place the chicken inside!
- Cover and allow to cook on low for 5-6 hours. If you wiggle one of the legs it should pretty much pull off the chicken super easy. If you have a thermometer, it should read 165 degrees in the thickest part of the chicken.
- I also basted the chicken every 1.5 hours.
- This is what it will look like when its ready...
- Hmmm.... its missing some color and crispiness right? Place it in an oven safe dish, throw it in the broiler on high for about 8-10 minutes or until it looks like this! The skin will be crispy and delicious and the meat will be so juicy!