Time: 30 minutes
- 1 package of Hot Chicken Sausage (I used Greenwise brand from Publix, there were 5 sausages in one package, take them out of the casings)
- 1 small yellow onion-diced
- 1 zucchini- diced
- 1 yellow squash- diced
- 3 garlic cloves- minced
- 2 (12 oz) cans stewed tomatoes - diced
- 2 cups Barilla Plus penne pasta
- 4 cups water
- 4 tsp Better than Bouillon (chicken)
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- Basil and shaved parmesan cheese for garnish
- Set a big soup pot on the stove at medium-high heat.
- Take the sausage out of its casings and place in the pot (no oil!)
- Break the sausage up with a wooden spoon and allow to saute until you can't see any more raw pieces.
- Add your onion to the pot and allow for it to sweat and become translucent.
- Add garlic, zucchini and yellow squash and italian seasoning and cook until the veggies are tender, about 5 minutes
- Add the tomatoes, water and bouillon.
- Bring everything to a boil and then reduce the heat down to a slow simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add pasta and allow for it to cook to al dente AKA has a little bite to it left.
- When the pasta is cooked, plate and garnish with some chopped basil and parmesan cheese and pair with toasted baguette!
Tastes amazing with a glass of Malbec wine too ;)