Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 1/2 small onion, rough chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2-3 cups water
- 1 tsp Better than Bouillon- Chicken
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
P.S. how gorgeous is this cilantro?! :)
- In your food processor or blender (behold my Magic Bullet!) add cilantro, onion, garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 cup water- blend for a couple of minutes and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan set to medium-high heat, drizzle olive oil and add your jasmine rice. Allow for the rice to toast for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cilantro mix to pan as well as the Better than Bouillon and an extra cup of water.
- Allow for this to slow simmer. You will notice the liquid begin to soak up, taste the rice, if you like it "al dente" you probably won't have to add more water, but if you like your rice cooked through then you might need to add a little bit of water at a time until your desired texture is reached.
- Once that happens, turn off the heat and stir in your 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and plate in a serving dish. Garnish with a couple cilantro leaves on top!