Total Time: 30 minutes
- Olive oil (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 lb antibiotic and hormone free chicken breasts-chopped into 1 inch cubes (I like Publix's Greenwise brand)
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped into medium squares)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped into medium squares)
- 1 orange bell pepper (chopped into medium squares)
- 2 cups FRESH pineapple (chopped into medium squares)
- 2 carrots-peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic- minced
- Sesame seeds
- Rice for serving, any kind, I used jasmine.
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- I started out by getting all my veggies chopped and setting them aside. Also mince the garlic so its ready for you later as well.
- Set a large pan on the stove at medium high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. While its warming, go ahead and chop up your chicken. Season it with salt and pepper before putting it in the pan. Then go ahead and toss the chicken in the pan. Allow it to cook on one side before turning it over. When the outside of the chicken starts to brown, check the inside of the biggest piece to make sure its completely cooked inside.
- Once the chicken is done, take it out of the pan, onto a dish and let it hang out on the side.
- In the same pan, add some more olive oil and toss in the onions, carrots, and peppers. Toss a few times with your tongs. Saute the vegg for about 5 minutes while tossing. Add garlic and continue to cook and toss for another 5 minutes until the veggies are cooked but still have a crunch! I hate mooshy veggies!
6. Still in the same pan, you are now going to make the sauce. Add the ketchup, sriracha, vinegar, brown sugar, oyster sauce and white pepper and whisk to combine. In a different bowl, combine the cornstarch with pineapple juice and whisk until it's blended well and add to the pan. Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to a medium low.
7. Time to combine the party! Add the veggies, chicken and your fresh pineapple and toss it all around that delicious sauce until everything is well coated. Sprinkle in some sesame seeds!