Serving Size: 4-6
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 small yellow onion, minced
3 whole organic carrots, peeled and sliced
2.5 cups water
1 large bunch baby spinach
1 large portobello mushrooms, cubed
1 large potato, cubed
Salt to taste (I find I don’t need much or any at all, the other seasonings do the job!)
- In a large pot drizzle some olive oil and set to medium high heat.
- Add onion and sautée for a minute and then add garlic. Allow to saute for a couple minutes.
- Add chopped carrots and potatoes and sauté for about 5-7 minutes and then add the mushrooms.
- After a minute add water and bullion. Boil until the carrots are tender (usually 10-15 minutes).
- Add the seasonings, coconut milk and garbanzo beans. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Once this has all simmered together for a few minutes you can add spinach to the pot right before reading to serve OR if you think you will have leftover soup, simply place a few spinach leaves over some jasmine rice in a bowl and then ladle in some soup. Putting the spinach in the pot to sit in the hot soup will eventually make the spinach get overcooked. So I like to add it at the very end or on top of the rice so that it slightly wilts on its own.
- I love slicing up some avocado to top it off.
- You can pair this with some warmed up Naan bread for dipping, which you can also get at the supermarket by the pita breads!
xoxo, Tiny Taster